Purpose of Contest
The purpose of the art contest is to raise the awareness of and promote the idea of the Classical Korean Garden to Korean American youths.
Contestants will submit artwork based on their interpretation of a classical Korean garden. They may use images from the internet as a source of reference.
- Topic: Classical Korean Garden (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
- Medium: Open to all 2 dimensional artwork using cray-pas, watercolor, oil paints, pencil, pastels, acrylic paint or charcoal. Artwork may not be computer generated.
|Grade Bracket||Early Childhood||Elementary||Junior High||High School|
|Contest Group||Kindergarten & |
|Grades 2,3, 4, 5||Grades 6-8||Grades 9-12|
|Art work Dimensions||14 x 17inch||14 x 17inch||18 x 24inch||18 x 24inch|
- Contest Period: Entry- Saturday, November15, 2014. 6 PM PDT
- Entry Fee: $20
- Please download the official entry form.
- Submit completed entry form and artwork to: Korean Cultural Heritage Foundation of America
936 South Crenshaw Blvd #305 LA, CA 90019
Tel: 323) 525-1777. 213)249-1290.
Honorable Mention: Certificate & prize
- All winning artwork will be featured for one year on the foundation website gallery
- Organized by: Korean Cultural Heritage Foundation of America
- All winners will be announced online at www.kchfa.org on Monday, December 1, 2014.
- Award ceremony: Dec12, 2014 . 4:30pm/ 5505 Wilshire Blvd LA,CA (Korean Cultural Center )
- Grand Prize Winner: Trophy & $500 Scholarship
- First Place winner from each contest group: Trophy & $200 Scholarship
- Second Place winner from each contest group: Trophy & $100 Scholarship
Sponsors: Korean Consulate General of Los Angeles